Sunday, February 13, 2011

One weekend down.

I can't believe it's already been almost 3 days since Chris left. I've been trying to keep busy, and it's helping because it seems like he just left yesterday. I think it helps a lot more knowing that I can just pick up the phone and call him. Once he leaves the country I'm sure it will be a whole different story :(

On Friday I was out of the house almost all day, which was nice because being at home was really depressing knowing Chris isn't there. I went out to lunch with a good friend, went and visited Tiffani at work, then went to Chili's for dinner and drinks with some friends. Saturday was a pretty chill day. I packed up a few boxes and watched some movies. Today I went out to breakfast, went shopping, and then Jeff came over and helped me paint. The house looks so weird with white walls, I don't like it.

I'm so thankful for all my friends, family and everyone else who has offered to help me out with moving, and just giving me support. It really makes this situation alot easier knowing I'm surrounded by such awesome people! A big shout-out to Jeff Kennedy - Thank you for helping out with everything :)

Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing love when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough.

1 comment:

  1. Time will fly! :) Andddd, I love that quote... I loved it when I saw it a few years ago and when Eric was deployed. So true.

    ReplyDelete