Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Packing, packing and more packing.

So Valentine's Day wasn't as sad as I thought it was going to be. Chris and I don't usually do anything special for Valentine's Day anyways, so it wasn't a big deal for him to miss it. I was cleaning and packing all that day, and I opened my front door to let the dogs out and saw a really pretty bouquet of pink lilies :) I don't know how Chris surprised me with them, but I had no idea he was going to be sending me flowers. Totally unexpected! It cheered me up quite a bit. 

Aren't they pretty!
I've been knocking out a lot of my packing yesterday and today. If I keep it up, I'll most likely have everything packed by this weekend. I had the pre-inspection yesterday and I've been stressing over it ever since I made the appointment at the beginning of the month, but the guy said the house is in really good shape and I have nothing to worry about. Which felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder because I thought I had a lot more stuff to do than what I really need to do. The walls are painted back to white, and it looks completely different in here. 

Living Room before and after
Dining room before and after

Less than two weeks left in Florida. It's going to be weird not having an actual "home" for 6 months, but I'm grateful for my family for letting me stay with them while Chris is gone. A few months in Oklahoma with David and Lindsey, then the rest of the time in Michigan alternating between my dad and mom. Once it gets close to Chris coming home we're going to decide if we want to stay in an apartment or living in Pelican Coast (military south housing). I think we're leaning towards Pelican Coast though. They are gorgeous! Okay, I'm done rambling for now, I don't think anyone reads this anyways lol.


Why do I do it? Because nights alone aren't permanent. Missing him reminds me that I'm lucky to have someone to miss. Because I am not afraid to make sacrifices for true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment